Satellite Support/Repair Technician IIBulk TV & Internet
SATELLITE SUPPORT/REPAIR TECHNICIAN II
Provides technical support and acts as primary liaison between customer, vendors, and field service technicians for all repairs and services, specializing in High Definition, Off-Air, Public Viewing and Pro:Idiom encryption satellite delivery systems in the hospitality, healthcare and commercial industries.
Nature & Scope:
Answer a high volume of telephone calls from customers and field service agents regarding service requests; key requests into customer service data base, troubleshoot issue to resolution, dispatch field agent to resolve more complex issues, insure prompt closure of all assigned service calls. Dispatches field service or contract service representatives nationwide.
Provide first level technical support for customers and field service agents regarding installation, repair, maintenance and integration of High Definition, Off-Air, and Pro:Idiom encryption satellite delivery systems. Handle all service requests in a timely and cost effective manner to include controlling labor, travel and parts expenses. Forward problems that require service visits to field service personnel (through dispatch), escalate more complex technical issues to Team Lead and/or supervisor for assistance.
Use various web based tools to gain remote access to on site equipment, run diagnostics to identify fault and implement a timely and cost effective resolution or initiate other corrective action. Monitor remote dashboards for alert notifications and proactively work for timely resolution minimizing system down time.
Set up independent contractors as primary and/or back up service agent for a specific state or metropolitan area; negotiate prices with contract service agents to establish best rates; refer any exceptions to rates to supervisor; submit new agent welcome packet. Ensure field agents are performing in accordance with BTV customer service standards and expectations and are providing quality products and workmanship.
Reviews various reports on the day’s activities making sure action has been taken to move assigned cases forward. Makes sure assigned cases are assigned to proper working queue prior to end of shift, notifies supervisor of any operational issues adversely affecting support services. Works with Team Lead and supervisor to ensure adequate phone coverage is sustained through lunch rotation, scheduled and unscheduled PTO and office closings.
Process parts orders, RMAs, warranty and non-warranty replacement for customers and service agents. Maintain service department records, files, databases and documents; follow department policies and procedures, apply industry Best Practices, participate in department meetings and training sessions, and perform additional administrative and clerical support to manager upon request.
Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to Tier 1 staff, act as first point of escalation for Tier 1 cases.
Shift will typically be a 7 – 9 hour shift between the hours of 7 AM – 6 PM EST, hours subject to change dependent on company and customer needs.
Please Note: This is not a computer support position.
Education and Experience Required
· H. S. diploma, certificate/diploma in electronic repair with 4 years of experience in a technical service environment or an AA degree with 3 years of equivalent technical experience, additional experience may off-set educational requirements.
· Excellent telephone, verbal and written business communications, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to stand on-call rotation; work overtime, holidays and weekends as required, back fill other shifts as needed.
· Intermediate computer skills with ability to efficiently navigate Windows Operating System and Windows based programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as other data bases, web based and CRM programs.
· Basic to Intermediate understanding of the theory and application of remote support/diagnostics, establishing remote connections, configuration files, basic networking knowledge.
· Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced customer service environment while still maintaining focus and attention to detail. Exhibit initiative, organization, and independent and analytical judgment in solving routine to complex technical problems.
· Intermediate knowledge of theory and practical application relating to satellite television, commercial head ends, Off Air broadcast, antennas, RF distribution, standard and high definition television systems, and Pro:Idiom encryption.
· Ability to obtain and maintain required certifications including but not limited to SBCA SMATV, MDU, D2, DRE, COM200 specialties (certifications may change depending on industry standards, technology changes, department and/or company needs). Availability to attend off site training/certification as required. Failure to obtain and maintain required certifications may result in disciplinary action up to and including reassignment and/or termination.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Major Machines, Equipment Used:
Multi view computer, overhead monitors/dashboards, routers, switches, phones (headset may be required), fax, copier; programming of televisions, satellite systems, DVRs etc, operation of a company vehicle if required, test equipment such as Field Strength Meter, Satellite meter and DVM.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. May be required to travel to vendor sites to attend training and/or obtain required certifications. Employee may be required to participate in an offsite service call or installation for training purposes.
For more information, please visit our website at www.BulkTV.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please