DENTAL - STUDENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT ADVISOREast Carolina University
DENTAL - STUDENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT ADVISOR
Vacancy #: 0033648
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a .5 FTE Part-Time position. Duties for this position include, but may not be limited to the follows:
• Presenting expected dental school costs to various groups, including both prospective and current students.
• Hosting informative presentations related to dental school costs during applicant interviews and pre-matriculation events.
• Assisting with ensuring students fully understand the various costs associated with dental school and have a complete understanding of annual cost of attendance limitations.
• Presenting to hopeful dental students during recruiting events to stress smart borrowing and budgeting.
• Assisting with researching and tracking scholarship opportunities and then providing information to all eligible students.
• Ensuring scholarship award information is provided to the ECU Office of Student Financial Aid in an efficient and accurate way.
• Communicating with student scholarship recipients.
• Assisting with ensuring students are fully aware of all options for funding dental education, including knowledge of all loan options, all loan for service options, and all military options.
• Conducting sessions in a group and/or one-on-one with students, explaining budgeting techniques and assisting students in the development of budgets for academic and personal use.
• Aiding in tracking students’ loan participation and utilization, thus tracking debt levels of graduates.
• Collaborating with the Student Affairs team regarding all financial and professional development information for graduating students.
• Preparing and presenting financial aid exit interviews and providing individual students with a personal loan summary as well as information related to post-graduation repayment options.
• Assisting with pre-graduation professional development events critical to the success of graduates, including presentations from financial professional partners such as insurance brokers, attorneys, and certified financial planners.
• Working collaboratively with the Student Affairs team to ensure all student financial concerns are properly addressed and students are knowledgeable regarding student debt and repayment.
Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field. Three years experience in financial administration, management, and/or banking. Working skill level in development of policies and procedures. Excellent computer and database skills. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills necessary to work with diverse groups.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents: Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, List of Three References (noting contact information).
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see “Application Types Accepted” below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only). Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #0033648 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Visit this job posting at: