McClatchy is seeking a Lead Mobile Developer – iOS to design solutions, create proof of concepts, mentor developers, perform code reviews and explore new technologies that would fit into our existing enterprise architecture.
As the Lead Mobile Developer – iOS, you will work closely with colleagues, one or more multidisciplinary Agile teams, the department head, product owners, and others to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code.
McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains more than 60 mobile apps that power media titles including The Miami Herald, The Charlotte Observer, and The Raleigh News and Observer.
Additionally, McClatchy IT builds Web sites for these media companies and supports them with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service. All of the Web sites and APIs are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
· Object-oriented design and development in a service oriented architecture
· SQL database design and development
· Design and development of unit test modules
· Peer code reviews
· Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
· Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
· After hours availability for emergency issues
· 4 years of professional programming experience in Objective-C
· 2 years of experience with MySQL (or similar relational database) development and deployment
· Thorough knowledge of Xcode and the iOS ecosystem
· Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
· Have a broad vision of the leading-edge technologies and the ability to discover, evaluate and learn new ones as they mature
· Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures and trends
· Strong communication and problem solving skills
· Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics
· Experience with large scale applications serving significant traffic in a distributed environment and requiring 99.9+% availability
· Experience with mobile interface design and development
· Experience with automated deployment systems
· Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
· Test driven development, unit tests, test automation
· Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture