McClatchy, one of the nation’s most trusted sources of national and local news, is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our programmatic advertising sales team based in Raleigh, NC.
The Sales Engineer will contribute to the daily revenue generation across McClatchy’s portfolio of digital properties, supporting and developing campaigns sold by our programmatic sales manager and our sales teams in market. The ideal candidate will have experience in programmatic engineering and ad tech and can execute deals and campaigns across all our programmatic channels in display, native and video. In addition, the Sales Engineer will be expected to lead communication between internal stakeholders and external partners to troubleshoot and execute campaigns to its fullest potential.
- Vet incoming opportunities for viability within programmatic ecosystem and support sales in the acquisition of third party client relationships;
- Oversee QA and implementation process for new demand sources. Resolve any client concerns and provide daily support;
- Maintain detailed knowledge of McClatchy offerings and products and effectively communicate this to potential demand sources worldwide;
- Build, analyze, schedule, and communicate weekly and monthly programmatic partner reporting for management;
- Manage ad technology integration projects from initiation through requirements, testing, deployment, and post-launch issues;
- Understand the technical aspects of the project and communicate intelligently to the project teams, schedule and coordinate said teams and key stakeholders;
- Evaluate and recommend current and potential technology partners;
- Report issues, risks and change requests to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis - support problem solving and ideation of ideal operations.
- Experience on either the buy or sell side in executing PMP deals;
- Advanced knowledge of DoubleClick for Publishers, Ad Exchange, Rubicon Project and App Nexus highly desired;
- 2+ years in ad technology or ad operations;
- Ability to manage a project with an aggressive timeline, mitigate risk, and communicate effectively with management;
- Experience driving complex projects to completion with minimal guidance and ability to integrate tightly with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Deep technical expertise and understanding across a range of emerging advertising technologies, including audience targeting, exchange platforms, DSPs, SSPs, data management platforms and ad servers;
- Proven skills in problem-solving, follow-through, attention to detail and prioritization. - Resourceful and responsive to change – thrives in a fast paced environment with a strong sense of urgency;
- Ability to work successfully and collaborate on cross-functional teams.