Test Automation LeadMcClatchy
The Test Automation Lead oversees all test automation creation as well as test framework design and creation. This position architects solutions, creates proofs of concept, mentors testers and developers, performs code reviews, test case reviews and explores new technologies to improve our testing tools and procedures.
As the Test Automation Lead you will work closely with colleagues, one or more multidisciplinary Agile teams, the department head, product owners, and others to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code and/or tests.
McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains software that powers over seventy periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). All of the Web sites are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
Additionally, McClatchy IT supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
· Design and development or tests and test automation in a service oriented architecture
· Peer code and/or test reviews
· Creation of documentation for developer and tester consumption
· Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
· After hours availability for emergency issues
· 4 years of professional testing, test case authoring, test automation
· 2 years experience with Linux/Unix command line
· 2 years of experience with MySQL (or similar relational database) development and testing
· Experience with open source tools (e.g. Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber)
· Experience with JSON, XML or similar data formats
· Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
· Have a broad vision of the leading-edge technologies and the ability to discover, evaluate and learn new ones as they mature
· Experience with integration and performance testing
· Experience with test driven development, unit tests and test automation
· Strong communication and problem solving skills
· Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics
· Experience with large-scale applications serving significant traffic in a distributed environment and requiring 99.9+% availability.
· Experience with mobile app testing
· Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
· Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture