Assistant ManagerMJ Soffe
The Assistant Manager for SOFFE Apparel provides leadership and is responsible for store sales performance, customer engagement, operation, people management and merchandising. In this role, the Assistant Manager is responsible assisting the Store Manager with the creation of a positive work environment and collaborates with peers, corporate leadership and cross-functional business partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, creates and manages the execution of store business and action plans that drive key performance results and that maximize retail opportunities.
- Creates and oversees implementation of action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business opportunities.
- Trains and develops team on retail acumen to drive business performance.
- Drives overall store earnings by driving top line sales while managing controllable contribution (loss prevention, returns and exchanges, discounts, supply orders, payroll and transfers)
- Ensures all policy and procedures are implemented (The SOFFE Way)
- Leads and models outstanding internal and external customer experience.
- Captures email addresses, engages social media and follows company marketing concepts to drive brand awareness and loyalty in the community.
- Provides on-going oversight to visual standards including:
- Interim (between floor sets) presentation direction
- Product Knowledge (PK) leadership: utilize tools to provide training to teams to ensure highest degree of product expertise
Sales and Operations
- Communicates with Store Manager sales targets for each day and associate based on corporate goals
- Communicates with Store Manager with weekly reporting of key metrics including
- Average Order Sales
- Adheres and manages point of sale, banking, register shifts, and overall transactional compliance to assist the Store Manager
- Manages Inventory
- Follows receiving and shipping procedures and maintains organized backroom
- Loss Prevention- maintains disciplined returns/ exchanges, discounts, safety and security measures in alignment with SOFFE policy and procedure
- Leads physical inventory
Talent Development & Management
- Communicates and determines action plans for team performance with Store Manager
- Provides timely feedback and responds to exceptional and poor performance with urgency
Retail Management: 2 years