The Diesel Mechanic for Selma is responsible for the overall service and maintenance of all tractors and trailers for the Selma and Fayetteville terminals. This position will work diligently to complete all oil changes, brake repairs, tire maintenance and remounts, electrical and AC work and transmission and clutch repair. This position will also be responsible for maintaining and organizing all maintenance scheduling including A and B services and inspections.
The Diesel Mechanic will work independently but will keep constant communication with the Fleet Maintenance Manager. This position will also have to communicate with Terminal management, dispatch, and drivers on a consistent basis with updates, schedules, etc.
This position requires a working knowledge of the tools and equipment required to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair problems with diesel and gasoline engines, manual and automatic vehicle suspensions, braking systems, etc. The Diesel Mechanic will maintain all maintenance records and must be current on all DOT and EPA standards, policies, and procedures.
Responsible for the scheduling and review of all required truck maintenance including inspection, repair, and routine maintenance –providing solid communication to the terminal management and dispatch and to the Fleet Maintenance Manager
Responsible for the response to regular maintenance and driver noted defects in tractors to include the electrical system, brake system, suspension, fifth wheel, power take off, heating and AC system, safety equipment, decals and labels.
Responsible for maintaining all service and repair records via files and R.T.A.
Maintenance and replacement of tires as needed
Hose maintenance, inspection and repair as applicable
Inspection, calibration, and operation of all meters and gauges used in the maintenance and repair process.
Federal D.O.T. highway inspections for tractors and tank trailers
Trailer repair and maintenance of the electrical system, air brakes, suspension, running gear, piping and valves, and safety equipment
Washing and cleaning equipment as needed
Responding to night/weekend road calls – spill response assistance
Organization and inventory of shop materials
- 3 + years of experience as a diesel mechanic for heavy duty tractors-trailers
- Preferred but not required.
- A valid driver’s license; CDL A strongly preferred and X endorsement a plus
- Certified brake inspector
- ASE certified for Freon
- Possess necessary tools
- Self-starter; initiative to work independently
- Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work within interruptions and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work flexible work hours including weekends
- Knowledge of DOT and EPA regulations
- Applicable Computer skills (experience with Microsoft word, excel, outlook)
- Safety First mentality
- Must be able to lift up to at least 100 pounds without assistance. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, lift, push, pull, reach at various times and intervals while working.
Interested Candidates will need to apply online at www.reliabletankline.com or email