ACCOUNTANTState Employees' Credit Union
State Employees' Credit Union (SECU) is our nation's second largest credit union with over $35 billion in assets and currently serving 2 million members through 256 branch offices, 1,100 ATMs, 24/7 Contact Centers and a website – www.ncsecu.org. SECU is a non-profit financial institution owned by its members and has provided the employees of the State of North Carolina and their families with consumer financial services for over 80 years. Check out our website to learn more about us!
We are seeking a skilled and motivated individual to join our Accounting team at our administrative office in downtown Raleigh. Our organization's steady growth provides opportunities for career development and advancement in addition to a competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities will include:
• Record additions, transfers, and retirements of fixed assets.
• Record journal entries throughout the month.
• Reconcile assigned accounts to the general ledger daily.
• Perform month end processes and record monthly transactions.
• Prepare monthly reports and analysis on changes in fixed assets and other accounts.
• Communicate with departments and assigned branches by phone and email regarding reconciling items
· Four-Year Accounting/Business degree (CPA/CPA candidate a plus) – thorough knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles
· Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
· Solid Excel skills (advanced skills a plus)
· Prefer 2-5 years of accounting experience
To apply please send email, with salary requirement, to [Accounting@ncsecu.org] with Accountant in subject.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F