- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics is preferred but not required.
- Four-six years of professional programming experience;
- At least two years in any of the aforementioned areas of expertise;
- Enterprise scale software development;
- Two years MySQL (or similar relational database) development and deployment;
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion).
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Required
- Object-oriented software design and development in a team environment;
- Solid knowledge of Unix or Linux, the command-line, scripting, configuration and administration;
- Experience with Apache configuration (tuning a plus);
- Customer service skills.
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Desired
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- REST API structure, design and usage;
- Test driven development, unit tests, test automation;
- Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture.
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best..
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
Watch "I Am McClatchy" - See who we are....our Culture, our People, our Heart...
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.