Consultant Nurse (MED COMM OPEN HOUSE 8/24) - 142112PPD
Registered Nurses invited to attend our
Medical Communications Open House
Thursday, August 24th from 11am-7pm
5150 McCrimmon Parkway, Suite 411, Morrisville NC
Come meet our Medical Communications team and learn about the Consultant Nurse role. You will have the opportunity to meet with hiring managers to discuss the role and your experience in more detail. We look forward to seeing you!
Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches and responds to inquiries and documents appropriately according to PPD and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events (AEs) and product complaints (PCs). If needed, provides clinical trial information, after-hours on call support, as well as processes medical information requests via mail, fax, e-mail.
- Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches and responds to inquiries and documents according to PPD and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events, product complaints and provides clinical trial information.
- Processes medical information requests (e.g., fulfillment) via e-mail, fax and US mail.
- Provides after-hours on call support as needed (e.g., on-call pager coverage).
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures including client products, SOPs, protocols, GCPs, and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
BSN, Associates Degree in Nursing or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Associates Degree and Nursing Diploma candidates require 2 years of nursing experience North Carolina RN license required or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) equivalency Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience In some cases a second language may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); fluency skills in a second language may be required
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as needed
- Demonstrate confidence and initiative
No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
- Constant interaction with clients/associates required
- Constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Constant multi-tasking
- Daily exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Rotating shifts may be required
- Occassional driving to site locations with occassional travel
- Long varied work hours required occasssionally
- Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Occasional mobility required
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. or 6-9 kgs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
- Ability to perform under stress
- Regular and consistent attendance
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Organization - Medical Communications
Primary Location - North America-United States-North Carolina-Morrisville – McCrimmon
To apply visit : ppdi.com/careers