Education, Experience, Certifications and/or Skills
- Four-year college degree in media or business;
- Minimum three years management experience at a high tech, software, agency or media company;
- An understanding of existing and emerging Internet business models and media business models;
- An understanding of contract terms and terminology;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills; Experience working with third party reseller agreements and business models are pluses;
- Experience in Sharepoint and Wrike a plus;
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
- Attention to detail and great follow through;
- Ability to identify and drive global process improvements, coordinate between sales, operations and legal teams and be a great communicator to both external and internal customers;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses;
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions;
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow;
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best..
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
Watch "I Am McClatchy" - See who we are....our Culture, our People, our Heart...
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.